Essentially an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) contains all the information someone would want if they were considering booking you to speak or writing an article about you.
While mostly used by performance artists (bands, dancers etc) it is becoming more and more common to see speakers and authors creating and using EPKs to great benefit.
While you can search online for examples and templates of EPKs (electronic press kits) for you to use as inspiration, essentially you should consider including the following:
- Short, one paragraph biography
- Long, detailed biography
- Embedded videos and/or links to videos that highlight you speaking and presenting, preferably in a range of different environments and to differing sized audiences
- Embedded videos of any television coverage
- Embedded show-reel/demo-reel (compilation of your speaking and presenting engagements)
- Sample chapter of your book
- List of all your published works with short summaries
- High-resolution photos of you – both with and without your book
- High-resolution cover image for each of your books
- Testimonials – both written and video
- Statistics on your following, including social media
- Links to any press coverage (http://leighstjohn.com/how-to-write-a-press-release/)
- Any relevant awards or recognition
- List of any up-coming speaking engagements
- Contact information for the speaking agency that represents you (if you have one)
- Your contact information including email, website, address and phone
What format should the EPK take?
Preferably, it should be compiled into a PDF (make sure all links in the PDF are live!) that a potential client or reporter can download, as well as being a page on your site through which an interested party can scroll.
Where do you put your EPK?
Suggest you create a separate link on your website that goes direct to your EPK page and downloadable PDF.
How do I promote my EPK?
Suggest putting the link to your EPK in the signature of your emails, even on your business cards! After all, this is the place where all your major achievements have been compiled.
Make it easy for people to book you!