If you’ve been following my work, you will know that I’m a fan of Guy Kawasaki – his achievements, his thoughts, his quirky sense of humor!
…and when I came across this, I just had to share it with you…
“Here are the top ten reasons why authors should self-publish their books.
- Content and design control. Self-publishers can control what’s in a book, how long it is, and how it looks. They only answer to themselves for most aspects of their books.
- Time to market. Self-publishers can get their book to market in less than a week once it’s copyedited. Traditional publishers take six to nine months to get a printed book to market, and they will not release the ebook version earlier than the printed version.
- Longevity. Self-publishers can keep their book in print forever—or at least as long as it takes for readers to discover it. Traditional publishers stop marketing a book once sales decline.
- Revisions. Self-publishers can revise books immediately with online ebook resellers and printers that are working “on demand.” Traditional publishers can take months to fix errors because they print revisions after they’ve sold off current inventory.
- Higher royalty. Self-publishers can make … To continue reading, go to the source article here: http://sourcesofinsight.com/guy-kawasaki-on-the-top-ten-reasons-to-self-publish/